tirsdag 3. juni 2014

Singing for Jesus


So today, my stepdad made kind of a unkind comment that really got to me.
I was outside singing praises when I see that he and my mum is outside, which was fine.
But then he says "you don't sing very nice", that hurt my feelings. Not necessarily because I think my voice is great, but because I have quite a low self esteem from before, and it didn't really boost it.
Now, of course I don't want people to lie, but when it's something you love to do, then it hurts.
Being hurt by the comment, I pretended not to care and said "I don't sing for you", and it didn't really hit me until "One Way, Jesus" by Hillsong started playing.

I realized that of course I didn't sing for my stepdad, or anyone else for that matter. I sang for Jesus, and I don't think He cares whether or not my voice is pitch perfect. I think what matters to Him is that I spent time with Him and that I was praising Him. I was prioritizing Him instead of something else.

My mum came to talk to me 20 minutes later and said that I didn't have a bad singing voice, and that my stepdad had only said that because he heard me singing a song that I wasn't singing completly (meaning I probably stopped singing, then started, then mumbled or something). But I simply decided that, I wouldn't care.

Because now I know that I don't sing for anyone else. They can think I have the worst voice in the whole world, but it won't matter, because I'm singing for Jesus and not for them. And Jesus loves me no matter how bad I sing.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar